FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
When is the event?
- Labor Day Weekend, August 30 - September 2, 2013.
What are the event times?
- The Carnival and Fair open Friday at 6pm.
- Saturday, Sunday and Monday the Carnival and Fair open at 10am.
- The Chili Cook-Off goes from 11am-6pm on Saturday and Sunday.
- Ticket sales stop at 9:30pm each evening.
- Event will be completely shut down by 10pm on Friday, Saturday and Sunday and close at 6pm on Monday.
If I buy my tickets online, can I have them mailed to me?
- Yes. Malibu Kiwanis accepts no liability for the receipt of tickets nor insures their shipment.
How else can I receive the tickets I purchase online?
- A will call booth will be available near the front entrance…just look for the sign and be prepared to present your drivers license and credit card used in the purchase to pick up your tickets.
How much is food and beverage?
- Food and beverage costs are set by each vendor.
What bands / musicians will be playing this year?
- Talent is in the process of being procured for this year’s event, please check back at www.malibukiwanischilicookoff.com
I am an Artist/Band that would like to perform at this year's event.
Who do I contact?
- All who are interested in being a part of the entertainment at this year's event should mail a PR kit with the folowing:
- Current Bio
- Current 8X10 Photo
- Current Album or Song Samples ON CD
- Contact Numbers and Email Address
Craveiro Music And Entertainment
11693 San Vicente Blvd. #289
Los Angeles, CA 90049
Do I need to be present to win?
What are the odds of winning?
- A Maximum of 999 special passes will be sold keeping the odds of winning 1:999 or less.
Where does my donation go?
How do I sign up as a Vendor or Chili Vendor?
What size of space is available?
- Vendors have 10 x 10 foot spaces available. Multiple adjacent booths are available up to 3 total.
How much for a space?
When are sales hours?
- Hours of operation for vendors are from roughly 6pm to 10pm on Friday and 11am – 10pm on Saturday and Sunday and from 11am to 6pm on Monday.
How long can I stay?
- Vendors are allowed to stay until Monday.
Is there security?
- Yes, there is 24 / 7 security.
CHILI CONTESTANT FAQ
What is the cost to enter the Chili Cook-Off contest?
- $375 to be entered into the Chili Cook-Off.
What size samples must be made available?
- 2 ounce samples must be made available at a fee of 1$ cash which is paid to the Malibu Kiwanis Club.
How is “Most Popular Chili” determined?
- Most Popular Chili is determined by counting dollar bills from each Chili Cook-Off entrant for the samples sold.
Is any equipment provided?
- No, entrants must provide their own equipment, tent supplies etc.
Does the Malibu Kiwanis Club register me with the Department of Health?
- No. It is a requirement that each vendor register with the Department of Health to distribute and sell their chili and any other food and beverage item.
- Registration for this event is cut off 30 days prior to the event itself.
- Click Here to Download the Health Department Form
How do I recoup my costs?
- Selling your chili (aside from 2 ounce sample for Cook-Off contest) and other food and beverage items.
When does the Chili Cook-Off start and end?
- The Chili Cook-Off begins at 11:00am and ends at 6pm on both Saturday and Sunday
Can I stay past the Chili Cook-Off?
- Chili contestants can stay until Monday at 6pm although the Chili Cook-Off itself ends at 6pm on Sunday.